One of the most effective steps in selling your house is pricing it right and 2nd, staging your house! Of course there are some obvious ones like doing a serious de-cluttering of your house, removing most of your personal photos, getting rid of most of your real and fake indoor plants (or donate to a loving home) and put a fresh coat of neutral paint throughout the inside of the house. But here are some additional tips to really make your house pop and stand out from the “competition”:
1) Add a pop of color where it counts with a rug, accent pillows or even fresh flowers.
2) Upgrade your lighting. You may not have enough funds to do the entire house but pick a focal light fixture or room and upgrade it from the ordinary. Make sure that it is neutral in taste and color but different from the run of the mill standard light fixtures you find in track homes.
3) Make your house look more tech savvy. Consider replacing traditional plug outlets with the USB outlets (only $20) and putting in motion senors at faucets (only $100).
4) Make the living spaces monochromatic in color to create a sense that there is more room. De-clutter visually; you do not want to detract from highlights of the house.
5) Create a post staging guide for when buyers are at the house. You want to attract the buyers to the key features and upgrades and help them see the value of your house.
For more tips and to find out how much your house can sell for, contact me 702-417-8622. Choose a REALTOR that has a proven track record and experience excellence!
Here are How Many Homes that are Currently on the Utah Market as of Today:
Single-Family Residences: 7,241 (REOs 310; Short Sales 872)
Townhomes: 644 (REOs 32 Short Sales 95)
Condos: 1238 (REOs 53 Short Sales 129)
Posted on March 5, 2015 by Heather Mongie